A Precautionary Message

Ice Climbing is extremely dangerous! This blog cannot warn or prepare you for all the hazards that you could experience climbing ice or any other features in the mountains. This blog is only one of the many places where limitless information is available and it certainly is not a substitute for proper training, risk management, judgment, equipment knowledge or wilderness/back country skills. Seek proper training before going ice or rock climbing so that you can stack the odds in your favor. Be safe and have fun out there!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Wednesday is the day!

Looking like Wed. this week for optimum conditions in PNF area.  In Boone it doesn't seem to matter.  Pick a day!   Here are your 10 day forecasts for the surrounding regions.
Asheville
Bevard/PNF
Boone/Blowing Rock
Highlands/Cashiers


Just a teaser.
Picked up a pair of these babies last week.  Review to follow.

Scarpa Jorasses Pro GTX  w/Black Diamond SS Cyborg Cramp

3 comments:

  1. Ji

    Just wondering how you got on with the Jorasses/Cyborg combo? I'm struggling to find a crampon that fits well with my new Jorasses

    Cheers

    Si
    contact@simonwithington.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si,
    The cyborg works excellently with my Jorasses' I require the medium toe box/narrow heal that Scarpa is known for and both bails fit the welts securely, even with the rounded toe box of the boot. I really cranked them in tight and had very minimal play b/w boot and crampon. I would certainly recommended them for your Jorasses'. Here is the link for where you can purchase them on line from our shop.
    http://www.lookingglassoutfitters.com/shop/product.php?productid=223&cat=0&page=1

    I can also send you some additional photos of my setup.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Phil, I appreciate that. I'll look into getting some Cyborgs then. I'm in the UK and I need them for the weekend, so I'll have to decline the link to your shop politely!

    Here's to getting out in the new boots!

    Cheers

    Si

    ReplyDelete